La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Friday, July 28, 2006

yea! i remembered!

hey everyone and welcome to my house. it isn't anything spectacular and will hopefully be sold one day soon but for now, it is home and i'm thankful that God has provided a roof over my head!



we'll start with the front door. it is plain white but i love the screen! one of my favorite things is to open the front door, back door, and all the windows and let the fresh air in.



next where the blogging happens--this is my desk in our bedroom. i spend about 90% of my free time right here (and when i say that, i mean about 30 minutes a day). it has all my essentials: computer, roller ball mouse which is the best mouse EVER, camera dock, phone, speakers, and printer...oh, and see the little flower pot looking thing right behind my computer--that is a confession of my love of pens. it is CRAMMED full of pens and that is not even a drop in the bucket!!



next--my kitchen. honestly, i don't spend much time in here. the majority of it is to feed little bit or scrapbook (see my box on the table). i like to BAKE not to cook. mostly i just throw some chicken in the oven and bake some french fries. the refrigerator used to be COVERED in pictures and things but when we thought we had the house sold, we cleaned it off and packed it up. it is kinda bare now. the only things on there are the essentials.



onto the next room--my living room. we spend almost all of our time in here. it is the room of fellowship and fun. i know on the left side of the picture you can see a few toys but that (again) isn't even a drop in the bucket!! we have a GAJILLION toys. i'm not sure how we got so many either b/c b and i rarely buy anything. most of it is given to her as hand-me-downs. the recliner doesn't belong in this room. it is actually supposed to be in my husband's office but when i had surgery i couldn't sleep in the bed so we moved it in the living room. it hasn't gotten moved back (see my last post for details as to WHY it hasn't been back there. hint--boxes). the pack-n-play is out b/c we use it as a shield to keep little bit out from under the coffee table.



and finally my room of coice--little bit's bedroom. i'm so proud of this room. i painted it blue and green before i got pregnant (i just KNEW i'd have a boy--ha!) but i thought it was kinda bare so i decided to paint a mural on the wall. b left to go somewhere for the day and i got bored so...well, you can see what emerged. so since i painted a jungle on the wall, we were stuck with jungle animals for her theme. no pink or purple or butterflies...nope--monkeys and giraffes :) can you see the cloud looking things on the wall? i got paranoid that my neighbors were watching me nurse so i decided to buy that window art stuff.

so that's my house. hope you enjoyed my tour...like i said, nothing special but it is home and a roof over my head...praise the Lord for that! have a blessed day!

25 Comments:

At 7/28/2006 10:34 AM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

You know what, it IS spectacular because God provided for you!!! :) I am loving the painted tree...gorgeous!

 
At 7/28/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

I love your home. I love little bit's room. It's perfectly appropriate for a girl, too! :-)

I know how you feel about being paranoid having people watch you nurse.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your home. Now I really wish I had done it! :-( Oh, well.

 
At 7/28/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

I LOVE the baby's room, so cute!!

 
At 7/28/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a cute nursery! Love the kitchen too. A wonderful home!

 
At 7/28/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I am so impressed. I would be such a chicken and I wouldn't dare paint my own mural. You should be so proud, you did a wonderful home. Your home is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 7/28/2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for coming to visit. Your house looks very cozy and comfy. My wall of pictures just grew and grew - I have had to take lots down now and put new ones up. I need more wall space!

Giraffes are my favorite!

 
At 7/28/2006 12:32 PM, Blogger Barb said...

This is a lovely home. Your kitchen and dining area look so inviting. And the baby's room is just adorable. You should be proud of that! Thank you for sharing with us.

 
At 7/28/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Nice to meet you and thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home with us!
:-D

 
At 7/28/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

By the way, Ashley. I did the blog home tour after all!

 
At 7/28/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the mural.

 
At 7/28/2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for letting us peek at your home. Your baby's room is adorable!

 
At 7/28/2006 6:47 PM, Blogger Patty said...

I enjoyed my visit..Love the baby room

 
At 7/28/2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Loved the tour and the painted tree and giraffe are my favorite, what a cute room :)

 
At 7/28/2006 6:58 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Great art work on her wall! So cute!

The cucumber info is in my comments now.

 
At 7/28/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love little bit's room...Very creative....I'm a big Palm Tree lover...Your home is lovely! Still trying to get around to everyone---not sure I will be able to, but it's fun trying and meeying everyone. Isn't this a great idea?

 
At 7/29/2006 5:01 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse of your home...it's lovely and very warm & inviting:-) Love the painted walls in your little one's room!!

 
At 7/29/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Oooh- I loved your nursery mural. You're so talented!!!

Loved your kitchen too!
Thanks for having us!

 
At 7/29/2006 10:18 AM, Blogger terrible speller said...

cute kids room

 
At 7/29/2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh I love it!! You are so creative. Thank you for letting me stop by.

 
At 7/29/2006 3:17 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Thanks for the tour of your sweet home, so warm and friendly. Your baby's room is so cheerful.

 
At 7/29/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Your computer desk is the exact thing I've been looking for for my kids' computer. Where can I get one?

Great job with the mural painting! Love it!

 
At 7/30/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I LOVE the mural!!!!

 
At 7/31/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger SereneTabbie said...

What a nice house :) I live the kitchen and your DD's room is SO sweet! Thanks for the tour.

 
At 8/06/2006 1:30 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shannon M. Herren said...

What a lovely home! You certainly are talented--the giraffe is great!

 
At 8/10/2006 11:53 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Thanks so much for sharing your home! You did a wonderful job on the mural!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home