La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

does anyone scrapbook? do you watch the scrapbook show on diy? they have such good ideas. my stepdad was looking at my scrapbook yesterday (keep in mind he's a man with NO scrapbook experience) and said i should go in the business--ha! he has NO idea what these people can do and how much money they spend. i was looking at scrapbook stuff last week and b was with me and found some jolee stickers that said "my 1st bike" and made me buy them (he's into cycling for anyone who didn't know). he was afraid i wouldn't be able to find them when little bit gets her 1st bike. he's so silly! he doesn't really like scrapbooks b/c he says they take away from the picture but then he gets me to buy stuff for mine :) i don't use a lot of embellishments though so maybe that's why he likes mine.

little bit had a rough night last night. i literally have no ideas left on how to get her to sleep through the night. we've done it all--routines, crying, solid food, i've even started supplementing some formula but none of it makes any difference. there are no teeth trying to come through, her ears were fine at her dr's appt, and if i go in there, she immediately stops crying. it is SO frustrating! she woke up 3 times last night. the 1st 2 times i was awake so it was just mildly frustrating but the 3rd time i had JUST fallen asleep. and the she cried forEVER. everyone said "let her cry it out; it'll only take a week or 2 and she'll be sleeping through the night." what a joke! i know there are plenty of people that it works for but i want to know what i'm doing wrong. everyone also said when we started solids it would rest heavier on her stomach to help her sleep...again--yeah right! she's been on solids for 3 months now and i've gotten about a week or week and a half worth of sleep. it is almost like she realizes that we're getting excited that she may be at that sleeping through the night point and decides that she needs to wake up and scream. she used to just fuss for 10 minutes or so and go right back to sleep but now it is bloody murder screaming. i think she's scared (separation anxiety maybe?). who knows...maybe she misses her friends. it has been awhile since she had a play date with anyone so maybe she is just bored with me and rebelling. i know she gets tired of being in the house all the time. b has been off of work all week and i'm REALLY going to miss him monday but maybe we can get back on our schedule and get our play dates going again. i miss the adult (female) contact too!

onto better little bit subjects--she is now eating cottage cheese, yogurt, cheerios, goldfish, and fruit puffs. the cottage cheese and yogurt are kinda hit and miss (depending on her mood) but she doesn't seem to dislike them--they just aren't her favorite. it is hard for me to realize how much she is growing and changing sometimes but my mom pointed out how different she looks now compared to some pictures from april and the difference is she's losing her puffy cheeks. i mean, she still has them but she's growing into them.

she keeps us on our toes! we caught her stealing a sip of b's drink the other day. he put it down next to the couch and we were getting her diaper bag together to leave and turned around to this:

6 Comments:

At 8/06/2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Gina said...

The no good sleep thing is wearing on me too. I can only attribute it to stomach aches. I have been giving Liam cheerios and goldfish too, so I wonder if it's that carby junkfood that upsets there bellies. See what happens if you don't give her the snacks one day... just breast feed all day and see if it helps.

This age is known for the separation anxiety too, so it may be a tummy ache and her needing lovin'.

It's hard, it sucks, but what are we to do? I feel as desparate as you do I fear... I wish he would stay this age cuz he's so cute, but then I wish he would grow so I can sleep again.

 
At 8/08/2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love the picture of the drinking out of the cup. She looks so serious. Wow, it has been a long time. I am dying for some socializing. I was thinking about Friday if it is okay with you and Jean. Last week was so busy with family visits, appmnts. and the b'day. Plus, I have felt so lousy, but I need to get out. I will call you tomorrow and get something set up hopefully. Miss you! So sorry about the sleeping issues, don't have much to give on the advice, hang in there!

 
At 8/09/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Yeah. I wish I could help but my dear little Feisty has just recently decided that it's time for her to sleep through and she just turned two.

I have a real hard time with the 'cry it out" thing. I just can't do it. It breaks my heart. But maybe if I had, she would have been sleeping through a lot sooner.

Sounds to me like you're doing everything you can. Some kids are just not good sleepers. I've decided this.

Hope it changes for you soon!

 
At 8/09/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Okay, babycenter.com just sent this update to me... makes sense:

If your baby seems more clingy than usual, she's probably feeling separation anxiety — perfectly normal for a 9-month-old. It's really a good sign, showing that she's now able to distinguish between the familiar and the unfamiliar. She may refuse to open her arms to other adults, even ones she knows, and she may find bedtime distressing because it separates her from mom and dad. Separation anxiety usually peaks between 10 and 18 months and then gradually fades. With extra cuddling and reassurance from you, she'll get through this stage and back to her social self.

 
At 1/31/2007 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! aston martin vantage review File federal income tax free

 
At 2/22/2007 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home