La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

i'm so thankful for my blogging friends. in a perfect world we would all live on wisteria lane and no one would've committed suicide or be twisted (like so many of them are).

thanks to my blog i:
have learned how to take care of ants and not poison my family (thank GOD)
have learned NUMEROUS baby tips, techniques, and ideas
have laughed until i cried!
have gotten so many nice comments when i am having a bad day
have been able to share the most important thing in my life with people i hardly know but would give my left pinky toe to go out to dinner with
have been exposed to some of the most talented writing ever
have learned NOT to get a gymboree credit card :)
have seen some of the best pictures that have ever existed
have lived vicariously in california, utah, and nyc (primarily)

i've learned a lot more but i can't list it all!

little bit got her 3rd tooth in today (about darn time too). one of the ones on the top. i'm hoping this alleviates some of the crankiness (although i'll be surprised if it does b/c the one right next to it is ready and rarin' to come in). she also decided today that walking is a little bit more fun than she realized. she has been walking a good bit here lately but today she's done it a lot. don't get me wrong, we're not signing her up for a walk-a-thon or anything b/c she is still QUITE wobbly but practice makes perfect. my mom has an INCESSANT need to worry about EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY THING pertaining to little bit so she decided she needed some shoes and no matter the cost, we were to buy her a pair. little bit is now the proud owner of a pair of white, pink, and black k-swiss sneakers.
originally, she had these new balance shoes but they were INCREDIBLY heavy and velcro. i thought "velcro's easier" but i failed to think "what's easy for me, is easier for her." she figured that out and back those went.

now she has these k swiss ones (except where these are blue, her's are pink and where these have that funky design, her's are black). they are much much lighter and they tie. and she hates them. everytime we put them on her, she fusses...nonstop! blame it on the teething if you'd like but i'm pretty sure the fact that she keeps picking up her foot (in her shoe) and crying is a dead giveaway that it isn't teething.

5 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I've learned a lot through blogging, too...and gotten some great recipes, for which I am eternally grateful!

I love, love, love the shoes! She'll eventually get used to them once she wears them more and realizes that the more she walks, the more things will poke into her feet and she'll want to wear them.

Congrats on the 3rd tooth. Feisty was 11 months before ANY of her teeth came in!

 
At 10/17/2006 8:09 AM, Blogger notquitestandard said...

For the love of all that is good, don't get a Gymbucks credit card. Bajeezus.

:)

I've learned many things from you as well, and think that's it's super to have virtual friends with babies the same age.

Teething...oh yikes. Congratus on toothsie number 3.

 
At 10/17/2006 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something went wrong with my display name...that's me in the previous comment! :)

 
At 10/18/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

It's been awhile since we connected. I hope things are better with your job. Congratulations on the walking Little Bit! Watching the growing up process is just as much fun with grandkids. Come and visit me!

 
At 10/18/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I have learned and laughed so much since I started blogging too! What a fun little world we get to live in for a few moments each day!

I've been thinking about you. I hope the work crap is getting better. Oh to be independantly wealthy... don't we wish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home