La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Friday, September 22, 2006

it's me (finally)

i'm really slacking on this blogging business but i just haven't had the energy.

little bit took her 1st steps on sept 11th (great day, huh). just 3 here and there is all it has been since then (7 in a row one time but just one time). i still don't think she's quite ready for walking. i think she's scared.

ww is going good. i'm down 7lbs. last week was a really bad week b/c aunt flo had come visiting and i couldn't get enough chocolate! it was bad! but this is a new week and i'm doing really well this week.

went to a consignment sale last night and got little bit some new clothes. i feel like i got a lot of good deals but i'd like to ask you, my dear internet, your opinion on something.
i found this dress. cute, right? i thought so too. it was $6.50. not too terribly bad but one of the more expensive outfits that i bought. well, for some UNKNOWN reason b has a major problem with leopard print. however, i don't think of leopard print as black and white. and even if it is (which it isn't), i'm not dressing her in a black/white leopard print bathing suit and sending her to nursery school! i honestly didn't think b would have that big of a problem with it but boy was i wrong. he said absolutely not and when i said that i didn't think putting my (almost) 11 month old in blk/wht leopard print would send her to a life of prostitution, he replied that he wasn't talking about prostitution but it is "a slippery slope." INTO WHAT?????? i doubt she even remembers the dress. what is she going to slide into?? GRRR...i'm a bit peeved about it!

here's the real gripe: i went to a lot of trouble to get stuff together to sell, hung it on only metal hangers w/ no rubber or plastic and the hangar facing to the left, tagged it with the tags you have to download and print from the internet on the right side of each item with only medium or large safety pins, filled out the tags, put my code number on masking tape inside each of the items, separated and tied together the different sexes and sizes (and yes, i had boy clothes for some reason), waited outside with my 10 month old for 45 minutes at 7:45am 2 saturdays ago (while he went bike riding) to drop the stuff off so that i was one of the first 150 so i could shop the sale early, and then went and fought with all the insane mothers trying to save a buck...and I CAN'T EVEN PUT THE CHILD IN THE STUPID DRESS! *sigh (big exasperated sigh)* and no i'm not kidding about all the stuff you have to do to sell items...they are really that picky!

and the rest of my argument--I CARRIED HER FOR 9 MONTHS AND LABORED FOR 10 HOURS AND PUSHED HER 7LB 9OZ SELF OUT OF MY BODY AND HAD "ISSUES" DOWN THERE FOR 6 MONTHS AFTERWARD AND I CAN'T DRESS HER IN WHAT I WANT TO!

it's my baby and i'll whine if i want to! (sorry you have to listen though)
please leave me a comment and make me feel better.

3 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It is adorable!! Both Feisty and Care Bear wore animal prints to church last Sunday. They are really big in fashion these days, for all ages, and NOT for prostitutes. I never even thought of that. I love them because of my African DIL. I wore them all the time while our son was over there in Africa, because it made me feel close to him. I understand your comment on Kristen's post today! Hilarious. He's a big off center on this one. For sure!!

 
At 9/22/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think the dress is adorable! Really, really cute. And animal prints are very trendy, even the non-prostitute people are wearing them, Christians I bet too! You just have her wear it when he isn't around :) It was a madhouse last night wasn't it. I didn't get out of there until 8! Way too crazy! But, I am happy, spent too much, but I think it was worth it, I hope Justice wears what I bought him. This sale was a lot of trouble, then I noticed a lot of the items I bought were not completely done correct, small safety pins, different paper for the tags, etc. I need to send you a pic of the double stroller I got over the internet today, so much better than the one that got away yesterday. See you next week hopefully, possibly Tues?

 
At 9/22/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I don't get it. What exactly is the problem with a leopard print dress? Ummm....I think it's adorable and you dress her in it. There's no slippery slope. She's not even a year for cryin' out loud. I don't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home