La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Thursday, May 25, 2006


Thirteen things we do in our househould (or as a family)...a list by Ashley

you may or may not want to do these :)
1. We watch Lost...religiously...and then discuss it
2. We pile all of our clean laundry in our bedroom until we just can't stand it anymore and finally fold about 12 loads. We are pretty good about washing but we are horrible about folding!
3. We read the Bible and do a devotion right before bedtime.
4. We play with toys...all day long
5. We walk around the block. I wish we did this everyday but some days it just isn't possible
6. We cook. I also wish we did this everyday but we don't. My goal is to come up with about 10-12 recipes that we LOVE and want to eat so that we can stop wasting money at Quiznos.
7. We grocery shop. B goes to do bread pull up (at WM of course) and we start the shopping and then when he's finished he joins us. I would hate to go by myself!
8. We sit outside on our deck. Not for hours or anything but sometimes just a few minutes in the afternoon and talk about our days.
9. We change diapers...many diapers...again, all day long
10. We read. This varies a lot across the board. We read the Bible (see #3) but also I read novels...mostly silly novels...B reads bike magazines and Little Bit gets books read to her. What a life :)
11. We label the baby food. I can't stand those little plastic containers b/c you can't tell what's in them without looking at the top so when I buy it, I use a silver sharpie (it shows up on everything) and write what it is and when it expires (I even write the expiration date on the jars). Maybe that way we'll be able to go through all of them before they ruin.
12. We don't drink milk. I eat milk poured over my frozen yogurt (which I have every night after Little Bit goes to sleep) but neither B nor myself like to drink it. Little Bit, however, will be coaxed into drinking it. We also don't eat vegetables. I literally eat one vegetable--romaine lettuce (and only romaine!!). I hate them. I am going to have to learn to eat them though b/c Little Bit will be coaxed into eating those too.
13. We talk to each other. I think communication is one of the most important things in a relationship so I try to make sure we always make time to talk to each other. Even if it's about nothing.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Sounds like yall do quite a few things as a family. You don't see this much anymore and I admire it. My T13 is up too!

 
At 5/25/2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I cook just about every night, it is tiresome. I was so relieved to have someone else cook for me on my trip. I have really grown to like so many more veggies since I have been married, before that green beans, corn, and salad was about it, now, I like just about it all. That is so nice that you do a devotional together-that is great! We need to do that! Missed you today! Hopefully see you tomorrow if possible! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

 
At 5/25/2006 3:52 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Great list!! I didn't used to like many veggies at all...but have taught myself to love them. I also find that we pile laundry until it makes me CRAZY. I love that you talk and pray and communicate and just be who you are together. It's a wonderful thing.

My TT is up here.

 
At 5/25/2006 6:47 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I cook a lot (economizing, you know) :).
I try to go on walks with the kids after dinner, but it doesn't happen every night.
I think it's awesome that you read the Bible together. I do that from time to time but then slip & have to start over again.

I agree that communication is the key to good relationships.

Great list!

 
At 5/25/2006 7:38 PM, Blogger jenny said...

I'm with you on numbers 1 & 2, folding clothes has got to be the WORST.

And for number six, I highly suggest Rachel Ray. :)

my thirteen are up~

 
At 5/26/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys are a tight knit group! That's great!

I'm the same with laundry, but I do fold it, just pile the folded piles up in everyone's room until I get around to putting it away (usually on Saturdays). I hate laundry. Hate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home