La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

i'm all nostalgic tonight. i don't really know why. i've been on myspace looking up old classmates from high school and on facebook looking up college classmates and i really miss...well, everyone. even those i wasn't so fond of.
what i'd really like to know is when did we grow up? everyone is married and everyone has kids and i still feel like i should be playing 3 ninjas with my best friend from childhood and breaking the glass out of her curio cabinet. that was just yesterday (ish). instead i'm worried about my child who has been running a fever for 2 or 3 days and how am i going to pay for weight watchers classes b/c darn it--i'm going!! i will not let the fat take me over! i just don't feel like we should be thinking up baby names and posting our wedding pictures (not necessarily in that order). i found out (via myspace) that another one of my high school friends is having a baby and was shocked. why was i shocked though? i have a baby...why can't everyone else?

little bit has picked up several new tricks this past week (despite her mystery fever)--she can now say "uh-oh" although it comes out "uh-uh" and she can shake her head no. what's really funny is when she puts something in her mouth that isn't s'posed to be there. all i have to say is "*little bit..." and she starts shaking her head no :) so cute! God love the cute little thing!

and yes, i really am doing weight watchers. i went tonight for the 1st time. i need accountability. i need someone to tell me to get off my lazy butt and walk around the block (although i have been doing really really good with that the last 2 weeks). i need someone to weigh me every week and say--"you did it!" and give me a big hug (well, they won't do that but i'm sure b will). i need some guidelines b/c Heaven knows i'll eat everything in sight otherwise! i'm pretty motivated about it right now so i'm excited. i officially start tomorrow (and yes, i had my celebratory last dinner--chicken fingers, homemade french fries, and chocolate chip cookies). i only need to lose about 25-30lbs (i say "only" like that will be an easy thing--ha!) but i really just don't want to gain weight now that i'm barely nursing. fyi: dropping from 4 nursings/day to 3 will REALLY cut down on the calorie burn due to milk production. trust me and all my wobbly bits!

a new picture from my photo edits for you to contemplate:



and go to labellapictures.blogspot.com for more! and if you see some that look normal (no edits), i put them there so people could see the originals.

4 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 8:20 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

I haven't kept in touch with any high school friends. I wonder if I can find some on my space. I'd love to see what some of them are doing.

I still feel like I just graduated high school and here I am with three kids in my 30s. It's so crazy!

Good luck with Weight Watchers. I'm sure you'll do fabulous!

 
At 8/23/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just read your last three posts so I will comment here. I hope AnaGrace gets better soon, I know that is so hard. I am sorry to hear about that. Neat though on the little phrases she has, too cute! You go girl for doing WW! I have had some friends who have had great success with it and you can for sure do it! It seems like it is one of the best diets out there, they still ate great and lost tons of weight. I can remember this one friend ate popcorn a lot because it was only 1 point. We also went to CiCi's pizza because apparently it wasn't that many points, so you can still eat good. Noticed she is wearing that little sleeper I gave you, it is adorable on her! Good colors! She is a cutie pie! You also never picture people you grow up with growing up themselves. Before I had Justice two of my close buddies had two kids of their own, freaky! Anyway, hopefully we can get together before too long once little bit recovers. Blessings!

 
At 8/24/2006 9:30 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Good luck with WW! I'm a lifetime member in a backslidden state right now. I need to get with it! I can't do meetings any more, but the plan still works if I work the plan.

 
At 8/29/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Myspace has been awesome for putting me back in contact with so many high school friends! It's so much fun!

We celebrate our 10 your reunion next summer and I can't wait!

Little Bit might have a fever because she is teething... I know my sis is dealing with the same thing with her little girl that is 10 months. It sure is rough on these babies growing so fast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home