La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Dear Lord


Thank you that it is 9am and Little Bit is still sleeping. It makes me happy...especially in light of the upcoming time change. Amen

Speaking of Little Bit--WOW the sign language thing is just amazing me. I can almost see her mind working when I teach her a new sign. I have always done water or juice as "drink" b/c it is interchangeable. Well, when she does it, it is very similar to "cat" so I decided to specifically do "water" in hopes that there will be a distinguishable difference. We were in the bathtub the other night, and I was telling her about the "water" and it took about 30 seconds for her to start signing it back to me. Then, last night we were in the tub and she just started signing it. She was also signing it when she was thirsty yesterday. I wonder what she thinks about the water being in her cup and in the bathtub (other than the fact that she threw her face in the water and took a big gulp). She has also picked up "pumpkin" this week. Oh, and have you ever seen Hitch? Remember the part where the guy dances and makes the pizza and lights the fire and does the q-tip? B and I think that is HILARIOUS so since Little Bit was about 5 months old we have gotten her to do it (us moving her hands/arms around). 2 days ago she decided that she can make the pizza all by herself :) It is too cute! Right off the top of my head, I don't know how many signs she has, but I have them all written down and the date I notice her doing them. It is so fun being able to communicate with her. I really think it is helping with the temper tantrum thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 3:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Teaching signing to a baby is so awesome.

 
At 10/31/2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Gina said...

That is so cool that she is learning so quickly and so obviously! I wish I could be consistant like that to teach Liam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home