La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

i need to move...soon...or drastic measures might be taken



i need to move (as the title of this post so wittingly implies)...soon!!! i'm not sure if this place is actually getting worse or if maybe i'm just imagining that it is b/c i've gotten to the place in my life that i physically get ill when i think about that fact that i live here. my neighbors...they're straight from...well, the trailer park...if it offends you that i say that, please know that i too live in a trailer park. however, as conceited as it might sound, i don't think i belong in one. i am simply living here b/c the "plan" was to stay here while i was in college and move move move when i graduated...unfortunately, little bit had other plans for us so now we want to stay in the area and...well, you probably don't want the whole story so just know that i don't like living here. so back to my neighbors--their music is ALWAYS at unhealthy levels (not just unhealthy for them but unhealthy for me if that tells you how loud it is). i have gone over there NUMEROUS times and asked him to cut it down. as a matter of fact, there was one time i went over there and couldn't get him to the door b/c it was so loud. my husband was in bed with a 103 degree fever and i was hacked!! so i called the police and filed a complaint. they got him to the door. anyway it seems that he has learned to control his music habit but now he has a girlfriend who absolutely must play the radio in her car as loud as possible, leave the windows down, and the trunk lid open (i think she wants all of her speakers to be equally heard). i don't like her...not a bit. our new neighbors have 2 dogs. i like dogs. dogs are fun. i don't like big huge dogs who bark at every movement under the sun and are left outside ALL DAY LONG. my daughter's naps have become quite a bit shorter due to these dogs. we had stopped using the vacuum cleaner cd (yes, i have a cd of vacuum cleaner noise) but we have had to drag it back out b/c of the dogs. there are also 10,000 kids in this park (at least). again, i like kids...kids are fun. i do not like kids who yell at you when you drive by (i've had to stop and let them know exactly what i think about that), grab your car when you drive by (my husband should've stopped to tell them what he thought about that), ride their bikes RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF YOU when you drive by, look at your car and DELIBERATELY throw the basketball in front of you, and many many other things. what makes it so much worse is that they're learning this from their parents. today, there were at least 10 kids on bikes when we came home. there were 2 adults sitting on their deck watching these kids. the children proceeded to look at us (we're literally 2 feet from them) and pull right out in front of us. the adults proceeded to sit there like stumps and not realize what was going on. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD TEACH YOUR KIDS NOT TO RIDE A BIKE IN FRONT OF A CAR...IT WILL HURT IF THEY GET HIT AND I WILL HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES IF I AM THE ONE DOING THE HITTING!! we have also had a parent throw a basketball in front of our car and then throw his arms up at us like we did something wrong. people today do not respect each other at all.

on happier notes, my little bit gives me kisses now. wide open mouthed suck my face kisses. it is sweet, sloppy, and wonderful! she loves me :) she started hugging a few weeks ago (only when she gets up in the morning). it is sweet too but oh the kisses!! i just love them :) now if i could just get her to learn this sign language stuff!
off to change a diaper

2 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Sorry you are stuck right now. That sucks big butt... so sorry.

As for your retarded adult neighbors... my husband once told me that people like that actually teach their kids to run in front of cars so the parents would have a hearty lawsuit to make some money. HA! It wouldn't surprise me if that were true. People like that shouldn't breed. Ick.

As for the kisses, you already know my boy has shown me that slimy sweetness! Now, we need to work on that sign language too. They say they pick up on it as early as 7 months, but it's usually longer. Dang!

 
At 4/30/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

I too have had the neighbors from hell. Truly. Hell. The 6th circle, at least. So I feel you. (And I will say, I moved. Problem solved. I dont' regret it.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home