La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Friday, June 16, 2006


whew! i'm tired...little bit just will NOT sleep...what's the deal??? does anyone else have a 7 1/2 month old that won't sleep through the night?? help!! i'm contemplating some sleep training but she's really not that bad of a sleeper. ok that doesn't make sense so here's how it goes around here: she still takes about 3 naps a day (i'm very thankful for this and at first i thought maybe she's sleeping too much during the day but she just can't make it without 3 naps). when she naps, i hold her until she closes her eyes and then put her in her crib (still awake but drowsy) and she goes to sleep fine (that's what i mean by she's a good sleeper--i guess a good go-to-sleeper). at night i feed her and she falls asleep nursing and then i put her down in her crib and typically she's asleep for awhile. but then she'll wake up in the middle of the night and want to eat. i know she doesn't need it nutritionally anymore but she'll cry forever! night before last she woke up at 1am and cried (and it's not tears and screaming in pain...it's just complaining and tear free-fussing) for an hour, finally fell back asleep but was up at 6:30 and complained ALL DAY LONG YESTERDAY!! LITERALLY! i've noticed that if she gets up before 7:30 she is an ill pill! yesterday was no exception. so last night she woke up at 3:15 and fussed for 45 minutes before i finally decided that I needed to sleep and went and fed her. i don't want to cut the monitor off b/c she's sitting herself up now and starting to pull up so if she hurts herself, i need to hear it but i can't sleep with her fussing like that...what do it do?????????? since she's sitting herself up, when i go in there she's sitting up waiting on me. i really think she may be having a hard time laying herself back down to go to sleep. not that she can't lay herself down b/c she can but you know how when you're laying down, it is easier to go to sleep than when you're sitting up.

onto happier things...i've lost 5lbs! in a week!! woohoo! it excites me :) now, 20 more would be ideal!! since i heard about this whole lymph node thing (which i still haven't decided if i'm going to have the biopsy or not) i have been trying to eat better and make myself healthier. i have cut out all sugar (except what's in my ketchup and orange juice) which is a HUGE deal for me b/c i'm a sugarholic! i have also not been snacking a lot. i eat 3 square meals a day and drink carrot juice 4x a day...yes, i said carrot juice. no, it is not good but honestly, it isn't as bad as you'd think. i'll probably be turning orange here shortly but i'll be healthier. the carrot juice is a big deal for me too b/c i eat absolutely NO vegetables (well, except romaine lettuce in my caesar salad). and i hate carrots! i have also cut out starbucks. it has been 2 weeks since i had starbucks. i went from at LEAST every other day (if not everyday) to not having it at all. it's hard but i'm doing it!

father's day is sunday (i'm sure you all know). any ideas?

7 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Ashley, I didn't have your e-mail, so I'll leave a comment here. NO PROBLEM, I can do yours, I'm just slow as I'm learning AND taking care of the boys this summer.

As far as personalized headers, send me your e-mail (to myblogmail@comcast.net) and I'll point you in the right direction for some pictures. Then I can make the header for you.

As far as sleeping through the night, I've used the book: Helping Your Child Sleep Through the Night. GREAT book for us, even with the special needs in our house.

5 lbs? That's GREAT! I need to loose about 70. Sigh... ;)

 
At 6/16/2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

5 pounds. Whoot! Good for you lady.

My daughter didn't sleep through the night until she was about 7 or 8 months old. When she woke up I sent my husband in to soothe her. After a week or so of this she stopped fussing and regularly slept through the night. I guess she thought some daddy-time wasn't worth the missed sleep!

Good luck.

 
At 6/16/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Talk to Kristen (Mama's So Called Life - my daughter!) about sleeping through the night. She still doesn't get a good nights' sleep. She's always tired.

Thanks for dropping by my humble beginnings. It'll be a fun ride, I'm sure. Congratulations on staying home - I did and don't regret. Wish everybody could!

 
At 6/17/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Seriously, email me! We have the exact same scenarios goin' on! We should talk...
ihartpartly@hotmail.com

Liam has never slept thru the night, but I recently realized it might be because of gas. He wakes up crying, but he doesn't want to be awake... he'll settle back down... then go again. So know he's in pain. Try Kid-e-col or Gripe water for her night feedings and wakings.

 
At 6/19/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

Six comments? Pshaw. Let's make it seven.

 
At 6/19/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

Or eight.

 
At 6/19/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

Or nine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home