La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

just call me "crunchy granola"

we are now (officially) a cloth diapering family. about 2 weeks ago a friend of mine from playgroup showed us her new cloth diapers and i was hooked--instantly. i have thought about it before but little bit poops about 10 times a day (really, just 2 but it feels like 10 sometimes) and i just didn't know if i could handle it. however, it is SO easy! i love love love it! the only (slight) problem is that i am SO addicted. i want more, more, more. i just ordered this cow print one.
how cute is that?? i want some hawaiian type prints but i'm in limbo waiting on a girl about some trades so until then, we will have cow print :)
i'm the most excited that i don't have to buy disposables anymore! woohoo! and the few packs i have stocked up, i am getting my money back!

more new news: i got a new car. well, a "new" car. it is new to us. we were completely outgrowing my little jetta so we are now the proud owners of a 2006 ford escape (unfortunately, not the hybrid version). i have a picture but it hasn't been uploaded. shame on me...

little bit continues to grow, learn, amaze, and try me. she is picking up EVERYTHING we say or do almost immediately...got to be careful what we say. she continues to test my patience but i have to admit, compared to some of the kids i see on a daily basis--she is SO well behaved! yes, she's active, and yes, she pitches fits, but for the most part, she minds me. i wish i could just bottle up this bit of her personality and keep it for later. i am so afraid of forgetting how she is right now. i know i will b/c i know how much i've already forgotten but i guess i just have to hold onto what i have for now.

2 Comments:

At 3/14/2007 11:21 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I wanted to do cloth diapers long before Liam was born. It was a $250 investment to get 25 Kushies brand diapers. The funds weren't there to invest so we've been spending way too much money ever since... stupid I know...

Anyway, congrads on the new ride. More space is so essential!

Agreed on everything you said on the last paragraph! Hugs!

 
At 3/17/2007 12:23 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Mi niece, Karen, is fanatical about cloth diapers. She's http://thebigtradeoff.blogspot.com/ and has posted about this subject frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home