La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

to
This is my 99th post. I should do a "100 things about me" next time....I doubt it happens though. I've been meaning to do one for ages now. I just never have time.

Little Bit is good. Other than the few nights of having issues going to sleep (which hasn't been a problem the last 2 nights) and crying so hard she threw up last Sunday, the last week has been perfect. I don't know what clicked last Wednesday but thank God it did! I feel a little more sane. I might actually think about having another baby...but still not for awhile!!

Today Little Bit told me she was one (she holds up one finger), she told me she's smart (we tell her that all the time and tap our heads), and she started signing Thank you (she already tries to say it but it is cute signing it too). Yesterday was a day of a lot of lessons...we don't eat cat food, we don't eat cat litter, we don't put the remote control in the toilet, when we squish our fingers in drawers--it hurts but we shouldn't be playing in drawers (this is an ongoing lesson). I felt like I was explaining things to her all day but it wasn't the type of stuff that aggravates me. It was just innocent teaching. She has eaten really well the last 2 days, also. Can we stay in this stage for a little while?? I like this one...

On a different subject, I'm depressed. I don't know why. Well, I do but I can't fix it. I feel like I need more time and more money and those 2 things totally contradict each other. Therefore, I guess I will continue to be broke and have no time to see my husband. I should be working on stuff right now instead of blogging but depression leads me to no motivation which leads me to being unproductive and leaving me a list of things to do which take up more of my time. Sounds like if I'd just snap out of my depression, it might help. I have to work the next 3 days, then I have Monday off and then I work Tuesday and Wednesday. I think knowing this is adding to my depression. I feel like I haven't seen B in a month. We never just sit and talk anymore. By the time we get Little Bit in bed, we just need time to wind down and go to bed. Having a date night once a week or month even is pretty much out of the question. My parents live 30 minutes away (yes, I know that isn't very far) but by the time B gets home from work, we get Little Bit to their house and get back where there is something to do (basically back to our hometown so another 30 minutes), we have to rush to eat and run back and get her so she doesn't get in the bed really late. We waste 2 hours just getting her to and from them.

Anyway, I know I'll snap out of it and I'm thankful that Little Bit is cooperating w/ me during this time, but I needed to get it out.

4 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 8:59 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

YOu could do what Kristen does - leave her with G&G for the night! It's so fun when they start learning so much so fast. I hope the light shines for you soon!

 
At 1/20/2007 10:19 AM, Blogger Gina said...

True, if you aren't breastfeeding, leaving her for the night would work!

Don't you have neighbors or church members closer that would watch her for a couple hours? We have a little gal that lives close and comes over if we need a date.

Sorry you are sad. At least you are thin and have a VERY smart baby on your hands! Little Bit seriously makes Liam look like a dope! (don't reply to that on my blog, daddy reads)

 
At 1/21/2007 8:14 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm doing my 100th post in 10 days - 10 each day. I don't have time for 100 all at once, and I don't think anyone would read it!

 
At 1/23/2007 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do a parent exchange with some friends. We watch their kid this week, and they watch her next week. Is this a possibility?

I'm sad to hear that you are sad.

((((virtual hug)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home