La Bella Vista

I am a recent college graduate but have chosen to primarily be a stay at home mom for now. I do work part time but thankfully my wonderful husband is able to keep my beautiful Little Bit. I have 2 cats whom I love VERY much!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

i think if people would just stop talking and think about what they are going to say before they say it, my life would be easier. my feelings have been hurt several times in the last few days by some of the people in my life that i'm closest to, and if they would've just shut their mouths, it wouldn't have hurt. a lot of the problem is that i have the mind of an elephant. i don't forget ANYTHING! and i take everything to heart. i don't lie to people but i don't disclose information that i feel like might hurt their feelings (especially when i'm just rambling and it is completely useless information). evidentally, in my part of the world, there are not many people who practice this same idea. i'm not putting myself on a pedestal but i'm trying to protect my feelings...

little bit continues to be the cutest thing ever! she's gotten to where she recognizes the chick-fil-a restaurant. as a matter of fact, she recognizes the road going to cfa and when we turn onto it, she starts "saying" it over and over again (her version anyway). well, 2 days ago i pulled up a mock up of a tshirt we're having made w/ the cfa logo on it and she read it :) ok, ok...my 15 month old is just really good at recognizing things but i can tell everyone she can read, right? she is also consistently recognizing and talking about (in her sign language) the color red now (so we're starting on blue this week). a week ago we went to firehouse subs to eat lunch w/ her mamow and papaw and that evening b and i rode back by it and she started pointing and saying "papaw" and about 2 weeks ago we dropped my mom off at the doctor's office and since then she says "mamow" whenever we ride by there. they have such great memories at this age!
and a cute story--we went to church today and had planned to stay for sunday school and church so i went to check on her in between times (since she has a tendency to scream for the entire 3 hours) and she caught a glimpse of me and started crying and saying "mama...mama" over and over. we decided to just get her and leave and when i picked her up she turned around to all of the workers and other kids and waved and said "bye" all pitiful through her tears. about 10 people busted up laughing. it was really sweet.

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Sorry you've been hurt. I wish people would think a little more too. My mom tends to "puke" words before she ever thinks too. I am used to it, but my hubby is not.

VERY cute about Little Bit. Not fair she can verbalize so much. Liam says nothing recognizable. Just pointing and grunting when he wants something then jabbers at us with that matter-of-fact fact face when he is carrying a conversation. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS BEING SAID IN HIS BRAIN SO BADLY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home